Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Teaser Tuesday: A Veil of Shattered Dreams


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of A Daily Rhythm.
Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
•Grab your current read
•Open to a random page
•Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
•Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


This week's teaser comes from A Veil of Shattered Dreams by Rachel Stark:

I think I knew a little girl once, maybe. The inclination is strong, but an invisible hand is gripping me, pulling me farther away, and tugging on the pang in my heart. I don’t resist and wait patiently on the other side of the veil. And when it parts, the spotlight falls upon the face of the figure I recognize immediately, the pale, ghostlike woman seated across from me. (p. 3)

This is an intense psychological trip that is beautifully written.  The imagery throughout the novel is haunting and the twist at the end leaves you stunned and contemplative even after you finish reading.  Definitely would recommend this to anyone who loves psychological suspense novels!

Have a teaser for me?
Leave me a link below and enjoy your Tuesday! 

2 comments:

  1. I like the sound of this one. And I enjoy books with a strong psychological plot. Thanks for sharing it.

    My TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/06/02/teaser-tuesdays-117-dont-try-to-find-me-2/

    ReplyDelete