Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Teaser Tuesday: The Wrong Girl


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of A Daily Rhythm.
Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
•Grab your current read
•Open to a random page
•Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
•Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

This weeks' teaser comes from The Wrong Girl (The 1st Freak House Trilogy #1) by C. J. Archer:

The prospect of meeting him filled me with foreboding. What sort of man inspired a nice girl like Sylvia to fumble nervously with the hooks and eyes on my dress? What sort of man had his niece and nephew kidnap for him? (p. 31)

So far this novel is holding true for a good gothic mystery and I'm looking forward to seeing where this story will go!

Have a teaser? Leave me a link below and Happy Reading!

18 comments:

  1. Interesting teaser! Like the cover too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I believe the cover was one of the reasons for me downloading it. That and it was free and sounded intriguing! Glad you could stop by! :)

      Delete
  2. Yeah, what sort of man indeed, Silvia asks! LOL ;)
    Really intriguing teaser, thanks for sharing and also for stopping by my blog earlier :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol...that's awesome! Thanks for dropping by and leaving a comment!

      Delete
  3. You grabbed my attention with this one! Thanks for sharing...and here's mine: “THE SHORE”

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great teaser. You peaked my curiosity with this. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you could stop by! Hope you get a chance to read this book!

      Delete
  5. Whoah. If I were to meet that man too, I would be scared to death! Thanks for visiting my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol...yeah, same here! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. I was browsing my kindle and spotted this a couple of days ago and added it to one of my reading challenges. You've got me more excited to start it!

    My TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/05/19/teaser-tuesdays-115-joshua-and-the-lightning-road-my-review/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Good luck with the reading challenges!

      Delete
  7. Love the cover. I'm not sure about the book though. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not for everybody, but I do agree that the cover is great! Happy Reading and thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  8. I like the sound of this one.

    Thanks for visiting Write Note Reviews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's been interesting so far! Glad you could stop by!

      Delete