Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Teaser Tuesday: A Storm of Swords


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.
Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
 
•Grab your current read
•Open to a random page
•Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
•Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
 

This weeks' teaser comes from A Storm of Swords (A Song of Ice and Fire #3) by George R. R. Martin:

My hirelings betray me, my friends are scourged and shamed, and I lie here rotting, Tyrion thought.  I thought I won the bloody battle.  Is this what triumph tastes like? (p.56)

So, I have now made it to the third book in this amazing series and it just keeps getting better and better.  I still love Tyrion and ache so badly for him for not getting the respect and love and appreciation he truly deserves.  The author has created such a complex character that makes you invest your emotions into him even though he's only fictional.  The mark of a truly gifted writer!  I can't wait to see how this book and this particular character evolves!

Have a teaser for me?
Leave me a link below and have a great Tuesday!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment