Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Teaser Tuesday: A Clash of Kings final


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.
Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
 
•Grab your current read
•Open to a random page
•Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
•Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


This weeks' teaser comes from A Clash of Kings (A Song of Ice and Fire #2) by George R. R. Martin:

He knelt beside her, so they were face-to-face. “A girl whispers if she fears to speak aloud. Whisper it now. Is it Joffrey?”
Arya put her lips to his ear. “It’s Jaqen H’ghar.” (p. 685)

This will be the last teaser from A Clash of Kings as I should hopefully be finished reading it by the end of this week.  Arya Stark continues to be one of my absolute favorite characters and I loved this particular exchange between her and Jaqen H'ghar.  She had realized that the two names she'd whispered to the assassin before had been meaningless in the grand scheme of things and she wanted her last to truly mean something.  This was a bold move by her and in a lot of ways changes the direction of her path yet again.

Anyway, this has been an amazing book to read (really no surprise there) and I can't wait to get to the end of it so I can continue on to the next book in this incredible series!

What's your teaser this week?
Leave me a link below and have a great Tuesday!

4 comments:

  1. I absolutely love Arya and that whole exchange with Jaqen H'ghar. That series is so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Completely agree! Thanks so much for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  2. Oh, I want to start these one day. I do love my fantasy, but I think I'm a bad reader for not reading these. *sigh*

    I have a teaser up this week as well, if you'd like to stop by:
    http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/2013/07/teaser-tuesday-169.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love fantasy too, but I just started reading this series back in April of this year. I had been watching the HBO series and just couldn't resist finally reading the books! Hope you get a chance to read them and thanks for stopping by!

      Delete