Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Teaser Tuesday: Wallflower


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.
Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
 
•Grab your current read
•Open to a random page
•Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
•Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


This weeks' teaser comes from Wallflower (Old Maids' Club #1) by Catherine Gayle:

Toby was up to something. Tabitha couldn’t be certain what he was up to, but obviously he was behind this change in the way Lord Devonport was observing her. Tabitha would wager her life on it. Or at least her pin money for the Season. There was nothing else to be done for it; she would have to strike first. (p. 15)

I'm not very far into this book yet, but it's been interesting so far.  I look forward to finding out what happens next!

Have a teaser for me??
Leave me a link below and have a wonderful day!
 

6 comments:

  1. Oooh this book sounds good! Nice teaser! =D

    Here's my teaser!

    ~Stephanie @ Bookfever

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good teaser! It does make one wonder what's going on.
    Here's mine: http://www.karenzemek.blogspot.com/2013/05/tuesday-teaser-from-my-funny-dad-harry.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. She sounds like a feisty character. Please come see my teasers for Dare You To by Katie McGarry and The Spanish Revenge by Allan Topol. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice teaser! Sounds like a book I would enjoy. Here's my Tuesday teaser/intro:
    http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2013/05/first-chapter-first-paragraph-15-and.html

    New follower via GFC.
    http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's hard to tell if it's saucy or serious. :)

    Here's my Teaser Tuesday The Summer I Became a Nerd

    Mei @ Diary of a Fair Weather Diver

    ReplyDelete
  6. interesting teaser .. :D

    my teaser tuesday
    https://bookskeepmesane.wordpress.com/2013/05/28/teaser-tuesday-may-28-2013/

    ReplyDelete