Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Teaser Tuesday: Game of Thrones final


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.
Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
 
•Grab your current read
•Open to a random page
•Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
•Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
 

This weeks' teaser comes from A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin:
 

"Take his horse," Dany commanded Ser Jorah. Viserys gaped at her. He could not believe what he was hearing; nor could Dany quite believe what she was saying. Yet the words came. "Let my brother walk behind us back to the khalasar." Among the Dothraki, the man who does not ride was no man at all, the lowest of the low, without honor or pride. "Let everyone see him as he is." (p. 231)
 
For anyone who has visited my last couple of teasers, you'll know that I've been working my way through A Game of Thrones.  It's been a slow progress as I don't have as much time as I would like to devote to reading, but I've been enjoying the book so far and seeing how well the HBO series mirrors it. 
 
For this last teaser from this book (I'm determined to have a different book to tease from next week), I wanted to quote Daenerys Stormborn, a character that I have truly fallen in love with and admire.  She has probably impressed me the most out of all the amazing characters George R. R. Martin has created in this epic world.  And I love this particular passage because it's the first time that she willingly and openly defies her brother, discovering that there truly is nothing to fear of him.  And this, I feel, is the turning point for her becoming the strong woman she grows into.
 
Have a teaser for me? 
Leave a link below and have a wonderful Tuesday!
 

5 comments:

  1. Nice teaser, I will be starting this series too since I loved the HBO series so much. Check out my teaser @ This Is How It's Supposed To Be

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been curious about this one...good teaser!

    Here's MY TUESDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Daenerys....she's a great character...she started off so scared and beaten down but has become so strong by this point in the story...great teaser!

    Here's my Teaser Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I need to try these. :) Thank you.

    If you'd like to stop by I've a teaser up today as well...
    http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/2013/05/teaser-tuesday-162.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of these days I need to give this one a try again. Don't know why it didn't work for me the first time, but knowing my reading tastes, it seems like I should like it, lol.

    My teaser is from THE APOTHECARY'S DAUGHTER by Julie Klassen.

    ReplyDelete