Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Teaser Tuesday: Game of Thrones continued


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.
Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
 
•Grab your current read
•Open to a random page
•Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
•Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
 

This weeks' teaser comes from A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin:

Fat Tom used to call her "Arya Underfoot," because he said that was where she always was. She'd liked that a lot better than "Arya Horseface." (pp. 217-218)
 
I know my last teaser was from the same book, but in my defense, this book is freakin' huge at 800+ pages.  And it's really not meant to be read in just a couple of sittings.  Anyway, so since I am still reading this book and I shared a quote from Tyrion last time (he's my favorite male character), I decided to go with one of my favorite female characters this time and quoted from Arya's perspective.
 
If you have a teaser to share, please leave me a link below!
 

10 comments:

  1. I have this book on my TBR mountain and its size is keeping it there until I have a lot of time to read. Come and see my teasers for The Rules for Disappearing by Ashley Elston and Twice Tempted by Jeaniene Frost. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, this is one book that you have to take your time with. I've been reading it off and on for about 2 weeks now and still have about 400 pages to go. But then, I've got other things going on too. :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I agree that the book is long enough for 2+ teasers! My review is for The Skin Map, by Stephen R. Lawhead: http://eyesandearsblog.blogspot.com/2013/05/teaser-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! If I'm still reading it next week, I'll be sharing a teaser from another one of my favorite characters, Daenerys. :) Glad you could stop by!

      Delete
  3. I hoped to read this one, too, but because it's just last month that I really immersed myself into reading books, I don't think I am ready to do some heavy reading yet. Thankfully, there's the TV Series, but of course I know reading the book is still better than watching the TV or Movie Adaptation.

    My teaser is HERE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, when you do finally get to read this book, you'll be surprised at how closely the TV series follows it. At least it has been pretty close so far, which is wonderful because I really enjoy the TV series too! Thanks for dropping by!

      Delete
  4. Tyrion and Arya are my favorite characters on the HBO series of the books too! I haven't started the actual books yet....lol

    Here's my Teaser Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The books can be a little intimidating, but I've found so far that the HBO series has been sticking pretty close to the storyline. Imagine that! lol Glad you could drop by! :)

      Delete
  5. LOL, great teaser! I tried to read this one several years ago and couldn't get through it. I have thought about picking it back up again to see if I change my mind about it :-)

    My teaser is from THE HAUNTING SEASON by Michelle Muto.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a tough one to get through if it turns out to not really be your genre of interest. The HBO series was what actually got me reading the book and I've been enjoying it so far. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete