Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Teaser Tuesday: My Dangerous Duke

 
Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.
Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
 
•Grab your current read
•Open to a random page
•Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
•Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
 
This weeks' teaser comes from My Dangerous Duke (The Inferno Club #2) by Gaelen Foley:
 
At that moment, a loud crack and rumble split the air.
She glanced around wildly and started to rush forward, but she was too late—before his horrified eyes, the ledge crumbled under her weight like a trapdoor. (p. 57)
 
Last week I had spotlighted My Wicked Marquess, the first book in this series.  Unfortunately, that book was not as good as I had been hoping.  But, My Dangerous Duke has more than made up for it.  This story somewhat parallels the fairytale, Beauty and the Beast, and I've always loved that story.  The author is weaving it in very well with this book and I just keep finding myself saying, 'just one more page...just a little bit further'!  Definitely an excellent book so far and I'm a little over halfway through it. :)
 
 
Do you have anything to tease me with?
If so, leave me a link or comment below and have a wonderful day!
 

6 comments:

  1. I'm really into fairy tale retellings and I've noticed a LOT of romances fit nicely into that category. It's a shame the first book wasn't that great, but I'm glad to hear this one is much better!


    My TT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I just haven't wanted to put this one down! I'm almost finished with it...hoping to finish reading it tonight. :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Isn't it though? And the chemistry between these two is even hotter! Glad you could stop by! :)

      Delete
  3. Uh hot cover and great teaser! I'd definitely read this. :)

    Here is my TT!

    ~Stephanie @ Bookfever

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, love the cover...it actually feels like the main characters and their interactions are just as hot! I hope you get a chance to read this. :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete