Monday, December 17, 2012

Musing Mondays [4]

 
MUSING MONDAYS… is a weekly event where MizB of Should Be Reading will ask a book/reading-related question, and you answer with your own thoughts on the topic.
 
This week’s musing – courtesy of http://www.kwizgiver.com - asks…
 
Is there a particular book that is your nemesis–the book you’re determined to one day finish?

The Darkest Kiss (Lords of the Underworld #2) by Gena Showalter literally made me want to throw my 10" Android across the room!  I absolutely LOVED the first book in this series, The Darkest Night, and couldn't wait to begin the next book.  But, dear god, this book made me want to scream and I only got about 19% through it.  All the two main characters did for most of the first 19% was teleport all over the freakin' world, chasing each other but never really doing anything when they did catch up with each other.  However, I have heard wonderful things about the rest of the series and I am determined to work my way through this book someday as I can't stand leaving a book unread in a series, especially a series that has such great potential and especially if that book is not the first book in the series.  *deep breath*  Okay, I've finished my rant now and hopefully someday will finish this infuriating book, too! lol


Have you read this series?  What did you think of it or of this particular book?
And do you have a book that is your nemesis?
 
Leave me a link or comment below!
 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds very frustrating ! http://daystarz.wordpress.com/2012/12/17/musing-mondays-2/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, it definitely is! lol Plus, I wasn't the biggest fan of this books' cover. Some of the other covers in the series are yummilicious, but this one fell flat for me. Oh well. Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete