Thursday, November 1, 2012

Working Through the Blahs

There are times when I get the blahs and I just can't decide what I want to do with myself.  Nothing seems to hold my interest for more than a few minutes regardless of whether it's something I enjoy doing or not.  And when these moments happen, writing seems to go right out the window because I can barely put two coherent words together, let alone an entire sentence.

I love being creative and really abhor when my creativity gets blocked by random visits from Blah-Ville.  But, I've learned that I don't have to be creative in writing during these times.  I've discovered many different ways for me to be creative without having to try and smash words together.

So, during this particular visit from Blah-Ville, I've discovered an interest to possibly put my Bachelor's degree to work.  My degree is in Simulation and Digital Entertainment which basically means I learned how to create computer/video games from the ground up.  And I've been kicking the idea around of maybe creating some fun, casual games to coincide with The L & L Mysteries series.  Possibly create a game for each book in the series.  I'm not sure what type of game yet, but I don't think it will be something too complex as I'll be the only one working on it.  But there are all different kinds of levels of creativity when it comes to creating games that I have a feeling I could be drowning in this project before long.  But I'll have a very happy, cheesy grin on my face!

Actually, I'm still working on the concept right now.  So game creation will not begin anytime soon.  But, as I go along with this new idea, I'll keep everyone informed of what's happening with it.

Writing comes first, though, and I have one more book in The L & L Mysteries to produce.  Plus, I'm co-authoring with the Muse on a sci-fi/adventure series that I really need to give more attention to in the coming months.  Fortunately, The Butterfly Connection (the final book in L & L) is already drafted out.  I just have to go through and massage it and tweak it a bit before it's ready to be published.

With all of this stuff floating around in my brain, I really can't begin to fathom how I could have received a visit from Blah-Ville.  But it happened and I'm trying very hard to push through it so I can continue on with all the great ideas and plans I've got rolling around upstairs.  And I'm confident that I'll push through and will be moving full steam ahead very soon!

I know this was a bit of a rambling session.  But, do any of you ever get visits from Blah-Ville?  How do you handle those visits?  Leave me a comment below and have a great All Saints Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment