Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Changes Run Amok

If it's been a while since you've been to the blog, you'll notice some changes taking place.  I guess I decided I was in a Blue Period but I like how things look for the moment.  And I've added some new things to the sidebar, like a logo with the link to Cressen Books, my publishing company, a display of my Tweets, and a widget displaying what book I'm currently reading.  I've also made a few tweaks to the About page but those are more subtle.

Some of these changes were made due to the fact that I decided to end my book review blog, Escape Into Fiction, but I still wanted to share what I was reading at the moment and such, which would have been found there.  And because Escape Into Fiction has escaped into the sunset, I thought I might participate in some bookish memes here on my authors' blog, such as Teaser Tuesdays hosted by Miz B at Should Be Reading and Waiting on Wednesday hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.  Those two memes in particular I really enjoyed and thought it would add a nice mix up here on Wendy's Musings.  It's all book related, so it's all good.  And I think it's also good to share things outside of just what project I'm working on at the moment.  Makes me feel more human!

I'm also hoping that these changes will have me posting on this blog more often.  I realized that as I got busier with everything happening with the business, I was spending less and less time on the book review blog.  And when I took into account what I was posting there (when I had the time), I realized that I could just as easily incorporate those posts here on this blog.

I'm still trying to adjust to this new idea, so some of the memes I've mentioned may or may not get posted this week.  I wanted to make sure I was satisfied with the overall "new" look of the blog before I dove into adding new posts.  I also intend to continue reviewing the occasional book, especially if it's a book that I found really interesting or amazing.  So, be on the lookout for reviews thrown in here and there.

So, although I'm sad to see the end of Escape Into Fiction, I know and feel that it was the right decision to make.  I look forward to occasionally sharing fun bookish memes with you all as well as reviews and of course the usual musings! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment