Saturday, November 3, 2012

Time Is An Illusion...Lunchtime Doubly So

Okay, who can guess where the quote comes from that is the title of this post??  Have you guessed it??  Not entirely sure?  Let me help you.  It's from Douglas Adam's "The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy". :)  I freakin' love that book and the BBC adaptation!

Anyway, time does feel like an illusion most days.  It either speeds up when you're enjoying something or it goes ridiculously slow when you're not.  And as I get older, I've noticed that time in general just seems to speed by more quickly than it did when I was a kid.

And what about that saying 'if only there were more hours in the day'?  Yeah, I find myself saying that alot too.  There are so many things I want to do or need to do or have to do, that it feels like most days just don't have enough hours to get all of that accomplished.

Lately, I've found myself doing something I never thought I would do.  I find myself working on the weekends.  My entire life, the weekend meant fun and relaxation, doing things I want to do.  But, it seems in the past few months, I've been devoting a lot of that fun and relaxation time to the business or to my writing or to just work in general.

Now, don't get me wrong.  I love writing and it actually is a lot of fun for me.  So, I don't mind so much if I find myself writing a few extra pages in a novel on the weekends.  It's when I find myself working on other things, mostly business related regarding the publishing company I co-own with the Muse, that I'm astonished at. 

I mean, I love our publishing company and I really do want to see it succeed.  So, I know that there are times that I have to devote a little more of my free time to it.  But, I shouldn't be devoting all of my free time to it because then when will I have time for me?  And I truly believe that taking time for yourself is very important in staying healthy and at least mostly stress-free.

So, this weekend, I am determined to take more time for myself.  And even though I know there are several things on my business To Do List, I realize that those things can actually wait until Monday morning when the work week starts again.  This weekend will be a work-free weekend, daggonit, and I will not feel guilty when I sit in my comfy Catnapper Recliner and play video games or read for the majority of the weekend! lol  Yeah, I have a recliner that is actually called a Catnapper...is that awesome or what?!

Anyway, now that I've determined that this will be a fun weekend spent relaxing and playing and spending quality time with the Muse, I'm sure that time will probably fly by and it will be Monday before I know it.  But, I won't think about that right now.  Otherwise, I might get bummed at the idea!

I hope everyone has a wonderful and relaxing weekend and don't forget to take time for yourself and just enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment