Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Teaser Tuesday: A Veil of Shattered Dreams

 
Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.
Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
 
•Grab your current read
•Open to a random page
•Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
•Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
 
This weeks' teaser comes from A Veil of Shattered Dreams by Rachel Stark:

As the air slips from my lungs, I manage to utter one last scream as I watch the sharp thin end of a syringe plunge directly into the side of my thigh. The room whirls around and I am swaying and then falling…falling… (p. 8)

If you like psychological/suspense type novels, definitely check this one out.  This is the debut novel for this extremely talented author and it will have you turning each page, impatient to figure out just what is going on with Katerina.

Have something to tease me with?
Leave me a link or comment below!
 

4 comments:

  1. I love psychological suspense, and this one sounds very tempting!

    Here's MY TUESDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you have a chance to read it. It's an amazing book, very much an emotional roller coaster! Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  2. Wow! Now that's a teaser. What is going on?!? Thank you.

    If you'd like to stop by I have a teaser up too:
    http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/2013/01/teaser-tuesday-145.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melissa! The whole book is like this...never knowing quite where the story is going but wanting to turn the page to find out. Very intense! Hope you get a chance to read it. Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete