Monday, January 14, 2013

Musing Mondays [5]

 
MUSING MONDAYS… is a weekly event where MizB of Should Be Reading will ask a book/reading-related question, and you answer with your own thoughts on the topic.

Musing Mondays asks you to muse about one of the following each week…

• Describe one of your reading habits.
• Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).
• Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying it.

This week I thought I'd answer #2: • Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).

The hubby gave me a gift certificate to one of my favorite used/new bookstores for Christmas.  So, I immediately had to go spend it and purchased the following:

Needful Things, It, and The Stand - all by Stephen King
The Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks

Apparently I was in a horror genre mood and I've been trying to expand my Stephen King library lately!  I've seen the movies for all three of his books that I purchased and have been curious as to whether the movies followed the books at all or if the movies or the books were better.  So, we'll see.

As for The Zombie Survival Guide, I've had that on my list for a while.  It sounds like it has a lot of humor which I like and I've also got a special love for zombie novels.  Yeah, I know, I'm strange.  But it takes all kinds to make the world go 'round, right? lol

Did you get any books for Christmas? 
Or have you purchased any books lately?
Leave me a link or comment below and have a great week!


6 comments:

  1. The Stand is one Stephen King book I haven't yet read...enjoy!

    Here's MY MUSING MONDAYS POST

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm really looking forward to reading it! Glad you could stop by! :)

      Delete
  2. I haven't read It, but the other two King books are awesome :)

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2013/01/musing-mondays_14.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The movie IT totally freaked me out and I've not been too fond of clowns since...lol. But I still wanted to see how the book was...will probably make sure I'm reading that one in broad daylight! Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  3. The Stand is the only one of those I've read and that was years ago! Here's what I'm reading: http://daystarz.wordpress.com/2013/01/14/musing-monday/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard that The Stand was amazing and I've seen the movie of it...all 4 hours or so! Gary Sinise was awesome in that movie! Anywho, thanks for stopping by!

      Delete