Wednesday, November 23, 2011

It's That Time of Year...Again

The holiday madness has begun once again.  I just wish I could get rid of this sinus headache in order to enjoy it more.  Oh well.

I don't know about anyone else, but I've never been a big fan of shopping and I especially hate Black Friday.  I've tried it once and I will never do it again.  People become insane over ridiculously stupid things that they would normally never look twice at when shopping.  Nope, definitely not for me.  Just give me a decent internet connection and a credit card and I'm happy.

I also find it to be a sad state when stores won't even close for Thanksgiving Day.  More and more retailers are opening that day to give pre-cursor Black Friday deals and that's just wrong.  Those employees have families too or at least friends they would like to enjoy a nice turkey dinner with.  Give it a rest, people.

Anyway, I'll get off my soap box now.  After all, these are the holidays and it should be full of cheer.  And I do have so much to be thankful for.  I have a wonderful husband, a good family, an awesome house, excellent health (minus the sinus headache which will go away eventually so that doesn't count), and the extreme fortune to be able to pursue my dream of writing instead of reporting into Cubeville every day.  So, my life is wonderful and I'm extremely grateful for that.

So, even though I gripe and complain about the commercialization of the holidays, it's still hard not to get excited and happy about this time of year.  And I can't wait until tomorrow, when I get to partake in all that wonderful, yummy turkey and dressing and mashed potatoes and pumpkin pie....wow, I'm already putting myself into a food coma just thinking about it. :)

Once Thanksgiving is behind us, then I will officially be ready for the Christmas season.  I'll be much more amenable to listening to Christmas music and determining how I want to decorate the house this year.  And I'm very excited about going out and getting a tree from one of the local tree farms to put up in the living room again this year.  It will be my second Christmas here in the new house and it should be a wonderful, fun time!

With all this said, I guess I really am excited about the arrival of the holidays!  For anyone who is reading this, I wish you a very wonderful holiday season!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment