Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Sometimes You Just Have to get Lost in a Book

So, for the last couple of months I've been anxiously awaiting the release of If I Die, the fifth book in the Soul Screamers series by Rachel Vincent.  And at long last, I was able to go to the book store and purchase it yesterday. 

Let me just begin with WOW!!!  I love the series but this book was by far the best.  And there are still two more books scheduled for this series.  I literally spent a couple of hours last night and most of this morning reading the book and hated to put it down for even a minute.  It was a roller-coaster ride of shocks, tears, laughter, heart-break, unexpected surprises, a few hoped-for surprises, mystery and intrigue, and so much more.  I think I'm still in awe of how awesome the book really is and am trying to remember the last time an entire series captivated me so greatly.

Rachel Vincent has developed a world and characters to such a depth that most authors strive for but never quite achieve.  Her writing style is something that truly impresses and inspires me and it never ceases to amaze me the amount of time and energy she spends in not only writing but also in connecting on a personal level with all of her fans.  I follow her blogs and on Facebook and she's always taking the time to comment to things her fans have written.  This is an author that should definitely be a role-model and inspiration to others.

With all of this said, I think I need to sign-off and revisit some of my favorite parts in this book and just basically get lost in it one more time.  I'll write more once I find my way back to reality...

No comments:

Post a Comment