Monday, September 26, 2011

So Many Books, So Little Time

This weekend, I was catching up on some blogs and discovered a list of Top 100 YA Books.  I'm not sure where the list originated, but this is the blog I read about it from: http://www.fiktshuns-ramblings.com/2011/09/top-100-ya-list.html.

Anyway, I got to looking at the list and realized that I had read about 29 of the books on the list.  Some of the books I had on my Books To Buy list and some got added to that list.  The rest of the books I had either never heard of or had no interest in.

So, when I finished adding to my Books To Buy list, I suddenly had 42 books staring back at me.  And I'm sure that the list will continue to grow as I discover more books that already exist or add books that will be releasing in the coming months.  That's why I've titled this post the way I have; because there are a great many books out in the world clamoring for attention and yet I only have so much time....sigh.

And I have to ask the question: Where in the world were these books when I was in high school and had the time to read at least one book a day or every two days?  I sometimes feel like I'm reliving my teen years because a lot of the books that have caught my interest are in the Young Adult genre and are incredibly good.

So, with all that said, I have an ever-growing list of books I want to read and another list of books I want to re-read.  Now if I could just find the time...but then I wouldn't get to do all the other things I enjoy doing, like writing and spending time with my Muse and all the other important things in life that I enjoy.  I guess, then, I will continue to do what I've been doing all along and reading when I do have time and maybe I will eventually get through all of those books on my list, which will then be replaced with new books.  The never-ending cycle, but it's a good cycle to get caught up in!

No comments:

Post a Comment