Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Teaser Tuesday - Who in the World is Carmen Sandiego?


Welcome to Teaser Tuesday, the weekly Meme, hosted by The Purple Booker, that wants you to add books to your TBR! You can also just share what you are currently reading. We make it very easy to play along, it is as easy as 1, 2, 3!
1: Grab your current read
2: Open to a random page
3: Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page

• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers! Everyone loves Teaser Tuesday.

It has been quite a long time since I last participated in Teaser Tuesday. So long, that it took me a while to find who was hosting now as I used to connect with MizB's blog, Should Be Reading. lol Anyway, I'm back and thought I'd join back in on the fun and add a little extra to my teaser, submitting an excerpt from the book I'm currently reading as well as an excerpt from one of the books I've written. This is, after all, my author website, so I do have to occasionally put in a shameless plug! ;)

First teaser from Who in the World is Carmen Sandiego? by Rebecca Tinker:

From up here, I could see the entire island. Students were making their way across the quad. Some were practicing their criminal skills and training together; others were playing games and gossiping.

I should be through with this book and have a review up later this week as part of my ongoing TBR Pile Reviews. So be sure to stop back by and read what I thought about this book!


For the second teaser, I'm heading back to my very first book to be published! It's part of a mystery series for ages 10 and up, following the adventures of two high school friends, Leyla and Lucien, as they stumble into various mysteries!  I'll provide the link to Goodreads for anyone wanting to add this to their TBR pile, but you can also find more info about this book and others on my website in the tabs above!

Spanish Intrigue (The L & L Mysteries #1) by Wendy Lohr:

Forcing his mind back to the present, Lucien remembered why he was at the lake and pulled the napkin out of his pocket. As he squirted the lemon juice on the napkin and watched in amazement, numbers and Roman numerals began to appear. Opening the sketchbook to a clean page, it took him several minutes to carefully copy what was on the napkin.


Let me know what you think of these teasers and add your Teaser Tuesday links in the comments below. I'll be sure to visit your site in return!

Happy Reading!

6 comments:

  1. Both excerpts are great...intriguing, too. Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “SHELTER MOUNTAIN”

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! You started with some interesting teasers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Yvonne! Glad to be back! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. They are both good teasers. They really pique your interest. Thanks for checking out my teaser.

    ReplyDelete