Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Teaser Tuesday: Ten Big Ones



Welcome to Teaser Tuesday, the weekly Meme, hosted by The Purple Booker, that wants you to add books to your TBR! You can also just share what you are currently reading. We make it very easy to play along, it is as easy as 1, 2, 3!
1: Grab your current read
2: Open to a random page
3: Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page

• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers! Everyone loves Teaser Tuesday.

I feel like the week has flown by, but then most of my weeks feel that way! I got a couple of chapters written in the latest Galactic Dynasty novel that I co-author with my hubby and muse. I finished reading one novel, The Shop on Blossom Street, and you can check out my 3-star review if you like. And I managed to get more work done on my crochet and cross-stitch projects, plus a lot more stuff thrown in that I'm not remembering right now! Two teasers are below for your enjoyment, one from the book I'm currently reading and one from a novel I've written! I hope everyone's week went well and wish everyone a happy Teaser Tuesday!

Ten Big Ones (Stephanie Plum #10) by Janet Evanovich

The way I see it, life is a jelly doughnut. You don't really know what it's about until you bite into it. And then, just when you decide it's good, you drop a big glob of jelly on your best T-shirt.

These books never cease to make me laugh and are the ones I turn to when I'm needing a good rollicking read! So if you haven't tried this series yet, give it a whirl. I have no doubt you'll enjoy them. Oh, and beware Grandma Masur... that character will make you pee your pants from laughing so hard! LOL

 Starward (Galactic Dynasty #1) by E. M. Lohr and Wendy Lohr

Knock, knock, knock. Startled, I rolled over only to fall onto the hard floor with a grunt, tangled in a scratchy blanket. My mind was in utter confusion as I looked around bleary-eyed for a moment and tried to remember where I was.

Galactic Dynasty is a sci-fi/adventure series that follows Rosa and the crew of Starward on a diplomatic mission to other planets within the galaxy. This particular excerpt is from her first day at the training facility and the chaos and confusion that ensues only increases as she's ushered from one place to the next on the island compound. There are currently four books in this series and the fifth one is being written now, hopefully to be published in the next few months! So, if you haven't heard about this series yet, pop on over to the series page on this website and find out more!

I hope you've enjoyed these teasers and I look forward to visiting your sites soon to see what everyone is reading! Just be sure to leave a link in the comments below!

Happy Reading!



8 comments:

  1. Thanks for dropping by, Laurel! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Janet Evanovich quote! I can relate to that so much! :)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    Denise @ Life With No Plot

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so far behind on the Janet Evanovich series, but I do love it. That's such a great quote.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh nice teasers! That first one was a riot!

    Thanks for visiting my Teaser Post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good teasers! That first one is so descriptive and funny. Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Just found your comment in spam! Sorry, so I thought I'd pop round and say hi, and comment, albeit a little on the late side :)

    Re: Ten Big Ones (Stephanie Plum #10) by Janet Evanovich - sounds brilliant! I've never actually read any of her books, I must be the only one alive!

    Hope you are having a great weekend, and thanks again, for commenting on my blog x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries! Glad you could drop by and check things out! My weekend's been pretty nice... lots of reading taking place, which always makes me happy! Hope you're having a wonderful weekend as well! And if you get a chance, definitely check out the Stephanie Plum series. If you like humor, it's full of it! lol

      Delete