Monday, July 29, 2019

Writing Prompt #7

After a brief hiatus in which I took a trip to Erie, PA with my hubby and muse to celebrate our 16th wedding anniversary, I'm back to join in on the latest Writing Prompt.  This and other writing prompts can be found at Writers Write.



At the bus stop, I fidget nervously.  It is the first day back to school and the familiar routine of last year feels so foreign now.  Of course, that might have something to do with the fact that I was attending a new school this year.

New state.  New town.  New house.  New bus stop.

As unfamiliar kids begin to join me, I check out each one cautiously from the corner of my eye.  Would they become friends? Enemies?  I was worried they would ignore me and at the same time, I was worried they would see me.

Then a curly red-haired girl stood next to me and offered, "You can sit with me, if you want."

And suddenly, my nervousness turned into hope that maybe this move and the new school and even the new bus stop wouldn't be quite so bad.

Copyright © 2019 by Wendy Lohr

No comments:

Post a Comment