Saturday, July 13, 2019

Daily Writing Prompt #1

Okay, going to try something new here. Hopefully I'll have the opportunity to post one of these each day as it is called a Daily Writing Prompt!  These are courtesy of Writers Write and anyone can sign up for a daily writing prompt in their inbox!



It was the first day after the election and my head was filled with stampeding elephants.  Whole herds were racing through my brain, forcing me to groan in agony.  But then the blessed aroma of black magic wafted in, followed by the sounds of popping and sizzling.  Bacon.  Bacon would save me from the stampede.

With an effort that would have made Hercules proud, I rolled over and somehow managed to plant my bare feet firmly on the shaggy, cream-colored throw rug.  Squishing my toes in the fabric for a moment, I let the smells and sounds of breakfast being prepared lead me further into the land of the living.  Then I heaved myself up and stumbled into the bathroom.

After the necessities were taken care of, I shuffled out to the kitchen and grinned goofily at Mr. Coffee.  He was percolating happily, telling me everything was going to be alright once the magic brew was ready.  Then slender arms wrapped around my waist and I was snuggled from behind, lips tickling the side of my neck as my partner in life and love greeted, "Good morning, Madam President."



Copyright © 2019 by Wendy Lohr

No comments:

Post a Comment