Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Teaser Tuesday: Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of A Daily Rhythm.
Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
•Grab your current read
•Open to a random page
•Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
•Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


This week's teaser is from Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children #1) by Ransom Riggs:

Standing in a tomb-dark hallway just inside the door, I stared frozenly at what looked for all the world like skins hanging from hooks.  After a queasy moment in which I imagined some twisted cannibal leaping from the shadows with knife in hand, I realized they were only coats rotted to rags and green with age. (p. 84)

So far this book has been riveting!  With scene descriptions painted in such vivid detail as above, I have no trouble at all putting myself in the character's shoes and seeing what they see or feeling what they feel.  The fact that photographs are peppered throughout just add to the atmosphere the author is creating.  Now I just wish I'd read this book much sooner!

Have a teaser you'd like to share?
Leave me a link below and enjoy your Tuesday!

7 comments:

  1. Oooh, what a great teaser from Miss Peregrine's! (Which reminds me I need to read Hollow City. lol) My teaser is here: http://bit.ly/1fkO4Ft

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the teaser! I haven't read this, even though I've wanted to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the teaser! I haven't read this, even though I've wanted to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds good to me, scary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I finally broke down and bought this a few weeks ago. Can't wait to start it. I just know it's going to be scary good!

    My TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/07/07/teaser-tuesdays-121-morrigans-shadow/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great teaser from the book. I didn't really love this book though. It was okay. I wanted to but I think I was expecting something different when I read it and my view of it was shadowed by the wrong expectations.

    My teaser is from a book I should have read a long time ago too - Interview with the Vampire: http://www.foofynotfoofy.com/foofynotfoofy/2015/7/7/teaser-tuesday-interview-with-the-vampire-by-anne-rice

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is one of my favorite books!!! (And I will NEVER forgive Tim Burton if he screws up the movie version!) My TT this week is from a historical cozy http://wellreadpiratequeen.blogspot.com/2015/07/teaser-tuesday-18-anything-but-civil.html

    ReplyDelete