Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Teaser Tuesday: A Clash of Kings


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.
Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
 
•Grab your current read
•Open to a random page
•Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
•Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
 

This weeks' teaser comes from A Clash of Kings (A Song of Ice and Fire #2) by George R. R. Martin:

When Bran repeated that to Osha, she laughed aloud. "Your wolves have more wit than your maester," the wildling woman said. "They know truths the grey man has forgotten." The way she said it made him shiver, and when he asked what the comet meant, she answered, "Blood and fire, boy, and nothing sweet." (p. 71)

I finally finished A Game of Thrones and loved it so much, that I immediately started reading A Clash of Kings.  This is just such an amazing, epic fantasy read that I can't believe I went this long before reading it.  Sigh.  Anyway, the passage above is one I really liked in that it shows the developing relationship between Bran and the wildling woman, Osha.  Outside of Tyrion Lannister, Daenerys Targaryen, and Arya Stark, Bran Stark is probably my next favorite character in this series.  And Osha intrigues me since I have yet to figure out how she's going to play out in this series.  I guess I'll just have to keep reading! lol

Have a teaser for me?
Leave me a link or comment below!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment