Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Teaser Tuesday: A Clash of Kings continued...


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.
Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
 
•Grab your current read
•Open to a random page
•Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
•Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
 

This weeks' teaser comes from A Clash of Kings (A Song of Ice and Fire #2) by George R. R. Martin:
Across the tent, Rhaegal unfolded green wings to flap and flutter a half foot before thumping to the carpet.  When he landed, his tail lashed back and forth in a fury, and he raised his head and screamed.  If I had wings, I would want to fly too, Dany thought. (p.195)

Daenerys is such an amazing character!  I love watching her story unfold and the strength, wisdom, and perseverance she possesses.  I've read a lot of novels over the years, and I believe she is probably the first character that has impressed me this much.  Many kudos to George R. R. Martin for creating her!

What's your teaser this week?
Leave me a link below!
 
 

6 comments:

  1. Aaaah! I haven't even read the first one yet. I'm falling behind, ha ha! I just got the whole series yesterday and I'm looking forward to reading it. Here's my Teaser Tuesdays for the week!


    Andrea K. @ Books and Bindings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I bought the whole series about two months ago and am just now halfway through the second book. And I'm loving it!!! I really hope you get a chance to read this series soon. It's really amazing! Thanks so much for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Great teaser, I'm a big fan of the series too. Reading Dance with Dragons at the moment, it just gets better and better! Greg at http://greglhill.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GAH!!! I'm jealous! lol Some day I'll finally get to Dance with Dragons and I'm glad to hear that the series just keeps getting better and better. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I'm very impressed with Dany too. She is intriguing and although I'm only at about page 100 of the first book, I'm loving Dany already.

    Another character that I like is Jon Snow.

    Great teasert!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jon Snow's a great character too. And I love his direwolf, Ghost! Dany just keeps getting better and better, so I'm sure you're going to love her even more as her story unfolds. Thanks so much for stopping by!

      Delete