Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Teaser Tuesday: A Game of Thrones


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.
Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
 
•Grab your current read
•Open to a random page
•Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
•Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
 

This weeks' teaser comes from A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin:

"My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer, and I have my mind...and a mind needs a book like a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge." Tyrion tapped the leather cover of the book. "That is why I read so much, Jon Snow." - pp.123-124

I started watching the HBO series a couple of months ago and it put me in the mood to read the books.  So far everything seems to be similar which is a huge relief to know that Hollywood didn't deviate too much from the storyline.  I love Tyrion Lannister, both in the TV series and in the book, so it was only appropriate to quote him this time.

Have any of you read this series or watched the HBO version?  Let me know what you think of it and who your favorite character or characters are!

If you have a teaser, leave me a link below and I'll be sure to check it out!

 

10 comments:

  1. I am watching the HBO series and have the first two books on my Kindle though I haven't started them yet. Tyrion is also my favorite character on the show - though I have to admit that among the women my favorites are Daenerys Targaryan and Arya Stark.

    Here's my Teaser Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maria! I agree...Daenerys and Arya are my absolute favorite women in the series. I think I would totally follow Daenerys anywhere! lol

      Thanks for stopping by and commenting! :)

      Delete
  2. Great teaser! I haven't read this book or seen the series yet (though I really want to) but it sounds really awesome!

    Here's my teaser!

    ~Stephanie @ Bookfever

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Stephanie! I hope you get the chance to either watch the series or read it or both. It's amazing! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Loved this book and I'm hooked on the HBO series. Here is my TT http://newpaperadventures.blogspot.com/2013/04/teaser-tuesday-april-23-2013.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Heidi! I'm loving the book so far. I've been pacing myself, though, so I don't get too overwhelmed reading it. And I can't get enough of the HBO series...so incredible! Glad you could stop by!

      Delete
  4. Excellent teaser and so true! This sounds like a book I'd enjoy.
    My Teaser is from BLUEBONNET BRIDE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you have a chance, definitely check it out! It's been enjoyable so far, but I would recommend pacing yourself since it's such a large book to get through and there's so much going on! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. That's a great teaser! I tried to read this one several years ago but couldn't get into it. Perhaps it's time to give it another go.

    Here's my teaser from SUDDENLY ROYAL by Nichole Chase.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melissa! It might be worth giving the book another try. But it's certainly not for everyone. I had the book on my To Read list for a long time but kept hesitating on buying it and reading it. Then I started watching the HBO series and that's what convinced me to finally give the book a shot. :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete