Thursday, April 25, 2013

Booking Through Thursday #2



Booking Through Thursday is a weekly bookish meme about (mostly) books and reading.
 
This weeks' questions are:
1. Do you read books about sports?
2. How about AT sporting events? (Kid’s soccer practice?)
 
I have read a couple of books with sports themes, mostly YA Contemporary or Adult Contemporary Romance.  Some I've liked, others not so much.  The sports theme doesn't do a whole lot for me even though I grew up playing sports and was a bit of a tomboy as a kid.  I guess I've kind of grown out of sports in general.
 
As for sporting events, I've never read at one.  There's too many distractions and you just can't get comfy enough on the bleachers or whatever you might be sitting on. lol  I don't have kids, but if I did, I would probably want to focus all of my attention on them anyway.
 
 
Have any thoughts or answers about the above questions? 
Leave me a link or comment below and have a wonderful Thursday!
 


8 comments:

  1. Enjoyed reading your answer.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/04/booking-through-thursday_25.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, I have to agree. With lots of action going around, reading a book at a sporting event is going to be a difficult task to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, and if you have kids that are playing, how could you not want to watch them? Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  3. I enjoy watching sports, especially football, but I don't enjoy reading about them unless it is a preview or review of a game I'm interested in.
    http://mauldinfamily1.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That makes a lot of sense. And the sports books out there just aren't all that appealing to me. Glad you stopped by! :)

      Delete
  4. I love sports related romances. I can't get enough of them, especially baseball. I can't read at an event though. Like you said, too many distractions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you read The Perfect Play by Jaci Burton? It's one of the few sports related books I've read and it was pretty good. The romance was yummy too! :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete