Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Working on Edits

The first draft of Starward is officially done!!!  Yay!  *Throws confetti for added effect*  So, what does this mean?  Well, I am now in the process of going back through the draft and massaging various passages so that the entire book reads the way I want it to.  I'll also be reading for content to make sure I didn't leave anything out or forget to address anything along the way.  And, I will be working on cover concepts within the next few days.

I'm really excited about this book and the series that it will be introducing.  I've always wanted to write something in the sci-fi realm and am having a ball with this story and the characters!  Plus, it's a collaborative effort on both my and my Muse's parts since we are actually co-authoring this series.  So, I'm really looking forward to sitting down and reading through the entire story to see what we've come up with and making adjustments here and there along the way.  I think it's going to be AWESOME!

Okies, with that said, I am also trying to focus on getting edits done for the fourth book in The L & L Mysteries, Dangerous Moves.  This book already has a well-rounded first draft, so the editing phase is more of a tweaking.  But, I still cannot say for sure when this book will release to Kindle.  I'll keep everyone posted, though!

And, I am also attempting to upload the books for the Nook.  Crossing my fingers, I hope to actually have this accomplished within the next week.  This is another piece I will definitely keep everyone posted on, since I am aware that some people have the Nook vs. the Kindle and I want to make these books available to as many people as possible!

I believe that's all my news for now.  Have a wonderful week and Happy Reading, everyone!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment