Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Teaser Tuesday: Lord Loss




Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of A Daily Rhythm.
Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
•Grab your current read
•Open to a random page
•Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
•Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!





This week's teaser comes from Lord Loss (The Demonata #1) by Darren Shan:

 Seriously, jokes aside, I'm frightened. They're sharing a secret, something bad, and keeping me out of it. Why? Is it to do with me? Do they know something that I don't? Like maybe... maybe... (p. 14)
Apparently I've been in a Darren Shan kick lately.  That and I found a ton of his books at my local used book store which makes me very happy! lol Anyway, this story, just like his others, has started off in such a way to keep me turning the page and feeling bummed when I have to finally call it a night and get some sleep!  Fortunately I'm not the type to have nightmares based on what I read or watch, otherwise I don't think I would be reading this or any of his other novels right before going to sleep!

What's your teaser this week?
Leave me a link below and have a great Tuesday!
 

10 comments:

  1. Ahh nothing like a good dose of paranoia! Great teaser!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol... I know, right? Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  2. I have read another series by him but haven't started this one. Seemed a little scary to me. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds great. Been looking for a new author and I'll be checking him out at my local book store!

    Thanks so much for stopping by for my teaser:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, this character sounds like me. I analyse every little detail and then get paranoid about things. Unfortunately, I am the type to have nightmares based on what I read, so I should probably steer clear of this one.

    Thanks for visiting my TT post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. tense moment!

    mine: https://storytreasury.wordpress.com/2015/09/29/teaser-tuesday-annihilation-by-jeff-vandermeer/

    ReplyDelete
  6. this one looks really interesting, and a bit creepy too,

    ReplyDelete
  7. You got me intrigued, great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to know what the secret is! I have never heard of this book before, but it definitely sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete