Monday, August 19, 2013

It's That Rainy Day Feeling

It's been a little dreary and rainy this morning and after waking up feeling stiff and tired, I've found that I have very little ambition today.  So, I guess it's a very good thing I managed to write up through Chapter 5 this past week in Book 2 of Galactic Dynasty (yeah, still haven't chosen a title).

On days like today, I want nothing more than to curl up and read a cozy mystery for hours on end.  I'm actually about a third of the way through one right now titled Never Buried by Edie Claire.  It's been interesting so far and a nice escape from the real world.  I actually discovered 'cozy mysteries' about a year or two ago and have enjoyed them so far.  They're perfect for when you want a mystery but you don't necessarily want all the deep dark drama and intensity of a James Patterson novel.  And they tend to be relatively short, between 200-250 pages, so it doesn't take too long to read one.

So, with the rainy, dreary day outside, it makes me want to snuggle under a blanket and read while I sip my hot soothing cup of coffee.  And with the season getting ready to shift into fall, it makes me want to read these cozy mysteries even more.  Which equates to me having downloaded several to my Kindle within the past day or so just to gear up for a cozy mystery reading binge.  Not that I didn't already have a collection on my Kindle that I haven't read yet...just that I had that sudden impulse to buy more.  Darn weather!

Anyway, to wrap up my rambling, I will attempt to get some work done today and then reward myself with a good curl up with the current book I'm reading.  And hope that this dreary morning dissolves into a more sunny and cheerful afternoon!

What's your favorite thing to do on a rainy dreary day?


No comments:

Post a Comment