Thursday, September 27, 2012

The 4AM Munchies...

Yes, you read that title right.  Thanks to my newfound love of all things Photoshop, my brain decided it wanted to do some graphic decorating.  So, instead of dreaming about my characters in various plot scenarios, I laid awake for more time than was necessary, thinking of ways to bring a fresh new look to Cressen Books website and ways to create the book cover for Dangerous Moves.  And thanks to all that brain power going towards decorating instead of sleeping, I think I may have figured out what to do with both the website and the book cover.

And that brought me to the realization that I was laying in bed at 3:30 in the freakin' morning, my stomach growling from all of those calories I'd burned while thinking about Photoshop projects.  At the same time, a crazy storm was blowing through, lightening flashing, thunder rolling, and rain gushing down, which made it next to impossible for me to go back to sleep.  So, my Muse being the most amazing man alive, happened to be up at the same time as me but for different reasons (he's usually up this early).  And, bless him, he offered to make me breakfast.

So, I found myself eating a delicious meal of biscuits and spicy sausage-gravy at 4AM.  Not a norm for me, who usually doesn't rise before 8AM, but my tummy didn't care about the time; it just cared about the food.  Now it's happily digesting the scrumptious breakfast and I will probably begin work in Photoshop in the next few minutes.

Has anyone else ever had this happen to them?  It happens to me occasionally, but usually I'm able to sleep straight through.  I'm a pretty sound sleeper (i.e., WW3 could be happening outside my house and I probably wouldn't notice), but sometimes my brain has other things in mind.  Oh well, at least now I have some new ideas to try out!

No comments:

Post a Comment