Monday, August 13, 2012

Editing and Writing...

It seems as though I am wearing a couple of different hats today.  As part of the publishing company I run, I am a technical and content editor, a cover designer, a web master, and of course, an author.  So, today, I am wearing my editing hat and my writing hat.

My Muse is also an author and has already published one book - The Drill Sergeant's Women - which is available on Nook and Kindle.  If you haven't checked out his book yet and you like contemporary novels with a bit of spice, definitely check it out!  And, just as an added incentive, check out this cover I designed for him:


Doesn't that just grab your attention and say 'Read Me'? lol  Seriously, though, this is an awesome book for adults, so definitely read it!

Anyway, he has finished the draft for his second book and that's what I'm currently editing.  I've also created a cover for that book, but I'm going to wait until closer to release date to share that with you as well as more information about the book itself and it's title...so definitely stay tuned!

But I also mentioned the fact that I'm wearing my writing hat today.  The Muse and I are co-authoring a Sci-Fi series called Galactic Dynasty and I am currently writing the first book in that series.  Just to catch people up that may not know, I already have the second book in this series written (it originally was supposed to be the first book in the series).  But, while we were going through and doing edits, it suddenly dawned on us that the series really needed a book before the one we were writing in order to really set the stage for what is taking place in this series.  We are planning at least five books in this series with the possibility of more, depending on how the books take shape.

Anyway, long story short (too late), Galactic Dynasty now has a new first book which I am currently writing the first draft for.  I will be updating my progress on the word count in the right side bar of this blog if you want to check in on it from time to time.  I also have word count meters set up for two other novels I'm working on and will explain those a little more as I figure out the overall direction I want to take with those.

Now, back to the mention of editing.  For those of you who are wondering what happened to The L & L Mysteries books, the first three are published and available on Kindle and Nook.  By clicking on the covers on the right side bar, it will take you to my publishing company website, where you can read the first chapter and use the links to purchase the books.  I do have two more books planned for this particular series and am working on editing the fourth book right now.  I do not have a timeframe as to when this book will actually be published, but as I work my way through the edits, I'll keep everyone posted.  The fourth book does have a title - Dangerous Moves - and I hope to have a cover figured out for it soon.  But I can definitely say that I'm really excited about this one and believe it to be the best L & L yet!

One more thing not necessarily related to editing and writing: I have provided links to my Facebook page and my Twitter page.  You can find them at the top of the right side bar.  So, come like me and follow me as I do tend to post quick updates at these places, especially on Twitter.  And all posts from this blog can also be found on my Facebook page!

Okay, I think that's all for now.  I need to get back to these edits and writings.  So, have a great week and I'll hopefully be back again soon with more news!

No comments:

Post a Comment