Monday, December 19, 2011

Writing Woes

No matter how much I try to focus, I just can't seem to get the writing woes to go away.  I would blame my Muse, but he actually has given me all sorts of great ideas to work with.  I just can't seem to find the focus or energy to sit in front of the computer long enough to write anything down.  Maybe it's the holidays or maybe it's the scenery...who knows.

The sad part is that I seem to be able to find time and energy to read and write book reviews to post to my other blog, Escape Into Fiction.  I think part of the reason for that, though, is that it's such a change in what I normally do and I'm not necessarily dealing with the same characters day in and day out.  Don't get me wrong...I absolutely love the characters and the worlds I've created.  They're a very strong part of me and I'm never far away from them, whether it's me thinking about them or writing about them.  But sometimes it's nice to escape into other worlds and meet other characters.

With all this said, I really need to find some way to get my focus back on the book I'm writing.  So, I'll be making a very conscious effort to put my energies into L&L #3 this week and hopefully will have some awesome progress to share next week.  And, because of this effort, this will probably be my last post until after Christmas at least.  So, I wish everyone a very merry Christmas and hope that Santa's good to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment